Let's create a portfolio website using Dev.to as a CMS
July 13, 2021
I have created multiple portfolio website templates using ChakraUI and React. You can check my previous posts for different portfolio templates. My own portfolio mahmad.me is built using ChakraUI. I am a big fan of ChakraUI but since being introduced to Tailwind at work, I've started to understand the benefits. Now I created a portfolio template with Tailwind using Dev.to as a CMS.
Github Repo: https://github.com/MA-Ahmad/mahmad.me Live Demo: https://mahmad-me.vercel.app
- Tailwind CSS - Have been working with CSS for over 4 years and Tailwind just makes my life easier. It is still CSS and you use flex, grid, etc.
- Next.js - I don't try to hide the fact that I love Next.js, it's so simple to use and give so many out of the box features.
- Dev.to API - to dynamically build the blog.
- Framer Motion - to add slick and beautiful animations.
Things I'll improve
- Add a custom domain name
- Add my resume
- Add Canonical URLs to my blog page